I recently read Miss Zippy’s Year of 2014 running post, and I loved the idea so much, I joined the link up! Here’s how my 2014 year of running went down:
- Best race experience? ZOOMA Cape Cod was my best race experience this year for a number of reasons. First, it was my first half marathon back after William’s birth. Second, I ran with two of my favorite running bloggers: Nancy and Dani. Running a race with friends is such an enjoyable experience, and I definitely recommend it if you haven’t done so yet. Lastly, the race is in my beautiful hometown and follows some of my favorite running routes.
- Best run? My best run (although not the easiest!) was my first run after giving birth (4 weeks postpartum). Anyone who has had to take an extended break from running knows exactly what I’m talking about!
- Best new piece of gear? I have a tie in this category. It has taken me quite a long time to find a pair of shoes I’m 100% totally in love with, and I think I finally found them. Note to ASICS: Please keep making the GEL-Pursue! These shoes are so comfortable, and they are a perfect accompaniment to my orthotics. My feet haven’t felt this good for as long as I can remember. The other item would be my GORE Running Wear Active Lady Jacket. In my opinion, it’s the perfect jacket for fall wind and rain, without the weight. The hood is great and stays put. I know it’s going to have a long shelf life in my running wardrobe!
- Best piece of running advice you received? Cliché, but totally worth repeating: Listen to your body. Giving birth is a physically and mentally exhausting experience that you need to recover from. Your body will guide you in your return to running. As long as you listen to your body, you will have a successful return to running.
- Most inspirational runner? Kayla Montgomery. She is one tough chick!
- If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be? A continuing journey…