In honor of this weekend’s past ING New York City Marathon, and in anticipation of spring marathons (and half marathons of course!); I am posting a list of some gear that I think would be a great addition to your training bag. Here they are in no particular order:
1) EOS lip balm—This lip balm is perfect for chilly and windy runs and is medicated with anti-bacterial protection and is petroleum-free, phthalate-free, and paraben-free (yay!). I have the tangerine flavor, but it comes in a bunch of other flavors too. One thing I love about this bad boy is that it is round, so it doesn’t get lost as easily in my bag!
2) OOFOS Recovery Sandals—These flip flops are AWESOME for tired feet after long runs or races. They are made of a super cushioning material that absorbs 37% more impact, which will help tired feet and legs! They provide arch support for most foot types and are machine washable. Even though I have not been running long, my pregnant feet have been loving these sandals!!
3) Tune Belt—I got this as a replacement armband, since my old one did not work with my iPhone in its Otterbox. I love that the Tune Belt can pretty much fit any phone with or without cover (there are different models). They are made of Neoprene (wetsuit material) and sport has reflective stripes and a flap to hold wayward headphone cords (love!). It is also washable which is a huge bonus in my book!
4) Guideline Eyegear’s Draft Sunglasses – I love these sunglasses for running—super comfortable. They are made from eco-friendly Grilamid BTR and feature floating nose pads and brow ventilation (for under $60!).
5) Honey Stingers—Since I am moving toward eliminating artificial colors and dyes from our family foods, Honey Stingers are a natural choice for one the run nutrition. They use hone and natural flavors and have many organic options. You can choose gels, waffles, or chews. Also, if you are gluten-intolerant, the organic energy chews “have non-gluten ingredients and are made in a facility that does not process any products with gluten.”
30 Something Mother Runner received samples of the following for the purpose of review: 1 EOS lip balm, 1 Tune Belt, 1 pair of Guideline Eyegear’s Draft Sunglasses, and 1 pair of OOFOS sandals. All opinions and writing are 100% my own unless quoted otherwise.