After quite a bit of research and input from runner friends, I have decided on my spring half marathon– it will be the Shipyard Maine Coast Half Marathon! The Shipyard Maine Coast Half Marathon will be held Saturday, May 14 and the marathon on Sunday, May 15. I felt really good during my fall half marathons, so I’m looking forward to seeing what another few months of solid training will do!
If you’re up for it, you can even do the 39.3 challenge– half on Saturday and full on Sunday! If you complete the 39,3 challenge, you will receive a special finisher’s jacket. Not sure you want to commit to a half marathon? You can join the Bosom Buddy challenge and have a friend help cover the 13.1 miles.
Shipyard Maine Coast Marathon Race Beneficiary
The Shipyard Maine Coast Marathon is partnering with the Southern Maine Health Care’s (SMHC) Center for Breast Care again in 2016, and you can participate in fundraising initiatives to help support the organization’s extra programs and services for breast cancer patients.
You can check out the half marathon and marathon in the videos below:
Registration fees are as follows:
- Early Registration: $56 (10/25/15-11:59 pm EST on 12/31/15)
- Registration: $63 (01/01/16- 11:59 pm EST on 02/29/16)
- Late Registration $70 (03/01/16-11:59 pm EDT on 05/12/16
Bosom Buddy Relay (for two-person teams)
- Early Registration: $66 (10/25/15-11:59 pm EST on 12/31/15)
- Registration: $73 (01/01/16- 11:59 pm EST on 02/29/16)
- Late Registration $80 (03/01/16-11:59 pm EDT on 05/12/16)
- Early Registration: $76 (10/25/15-11:59 pm EST on 12/31/15)
- Registration: $83 (01/01/16 -11:59 pm EST on 02/29/16)
- Late Registration: $90 (03/01/16-11:59 pm EDT on 05/12/16)
- Early Registration: $132 (10/25/15-11:59 pm EST on 12/31/15)
- Registration: $146 (01/01/16 -11:59 pm EST on 02/29/16)
- Late Registration: $160 (03/01/16-11:59 pm EDT on 05/12/16)
Regular registration includes finisher’s medal, 2 post-race beers, pizza from Portland Pie and other post-race food like bagels and bananas, and free race photos! Shirts will be available for purchase and are not included in the registration fee.
Shipyard Maine Coast Marathon/Half Marathon VIP Registration Options
If you would like to pay extra, there are VIP options for all races (the cost difference from regular registration is $30-$60 depending on the race distance). VIP registration will get you expedited bib pick up, a FREE technical t-shirt (t-shirt is not included with standard registration), VIP toilets at start, VIP parking, small mobile locker, refund option, and VIP server in the post-race beer garden.
Ready to Sign Up?
If you are ready to run the Shipyard Maine Coast Marathon/Half Marathon with me, you can use the code “30SMR” for $5 off the registration fee for either race. Click HERE to register.
I received a VIP Half Marathon registration in exchange for sharing the above information with my readers. All opinions and writing are 100% my own.
Leave a Reply