I am back from Philadelphia and will be sharing my GORE-TEX Philadelphia Half Marathon race recap tomorrow. There was too much fun to write about for me to get it done this morning!
There gets to be a point when you realize your children have WAY too many toys! We were at that point a while ago! This year, I am asking family to consider non-toy gifts for the boys. Recently I took some of the toys that aren’t played with any more to our local swap shop. I also removed some from the current rotation and put them in the garage. I can’t wait to swap them out again in the future, and they will seem new again!
There are so many other non-toy things you can give as gifts (along with a few small token toys). Here are some of the ideas I came up with:
- Money or gift certificate for lessons, i.e. music lessons, dance lessons, foreign language lessons, etc.
- Sports equipment or registration fees.
- Airfare or other travel fare to take a family trip.
- Tickets to a sporting event or concert
- A gift certificate for a special experience, i.e. dinner and a movie with Grandma and Grandpa.
- Membership to your local children’s museum or other attraction.