Every so often you hear someone talking about their bucket list. I feel a bit morbid putting together a bucket list, but I do have one for races that I must do at some point in my running career. My resolution for 2012 is to start planning some racecations, so I can check some of these races off my list. I hope you can hold me accountable! Here goes!
- Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon – Running and wine sounds like a perfect combination to me. What more could you ask for?
- Beach to Beacon 10K – I met Joan Benoit Samuelson (race founder) many years ago when she was running the Falmouth Road Race. I actually babysat her kids when she was in town (my Dad had flown her down from Maine)! One year we were talking about the Beach to Beacon and she invited me to come up and check it out. The course looks beautiful and since I don’t think I am running Falmouth next summer, I would love to do this race!
- Peachtree Road Race– This 10k is run on the Fourth of July in Atlanta, Georgia. I have always wanted to visit Atlanta (although maybe not in July), so this would be the perfect opportunity.
- Boston Marathon– Who doesn’t want to run this race? When I finally get around to running a marathon, I am sure it will be in hopes of getting a BQ!
- Bolder Boulder 10K– This race boasts amazing scenery, 30 hand-picked acts along the way to entertain you, and an Olympic-style finish in Folsom Field. Oh, and it’s at altitude too!
- Bay to Breakers – Rumor has it that this 12K is a rolling party.
- Boilermaker– A 15k race in upstate New York that boasts amazing crowd support and a whopping 19 water stops along the course (in addition to some nice hills).
- Lilac Bloomsday Run – This race is a 12k in Spokane, Washington. I don’t know why I have always wanted to run this race, but I have.
- Rock n’ Roll Strip at Night 1/2 Marathon (Las Vegas)– How cool would it be to run the Vegas Strip at night? They actually shut down traffic to the Strip for this race! I can only imagine the running costumes that will show up at this race…
- Nike Women’s Marathon/Half Marathon– This course sounds very hilly, but you can’t beat Tiffany necklaces instead of a finisher’s medal!
What’s on your racing bucket list?