I am a Stonyfield Ambassador, and as such, I received compensation and product coupons in exchange for sharing information. All opinions are 100% my own. #StonyfieldBlogger #NationalDairyMonth #SaladsOnRepeat #TaylorFarms #StonyfieldOrganic
It’s summer time and that means lots of salads in our house! We love to have salads for dinner, especially when it gets hot and humid here on Cape Cod. It’s refreshing not to have to turn on the stove or the oven! I love to experiment with different types of salad dressings and lately, I’ve been using Greek yogurt as a base for dressings–substituting it for oils. It’s nice and light, and you get the added bonus of calcium and protein in your salad dressing!
There are so many different greens to choose from, whether it’s romaine, baby spinach, baby arugula or butter lettuce! We recently tried some from Taylor Farms of Salinas, California– a family owned and operated farm. You can find their organic salad blends at your local Kroger, Meijer or Target!
I thought I would share a few of my favorite dressings, including the one we had on our salad last night (it’s the first one on the list! Here they are:
- 5 Minute Avocado Cilantro Dressing. This dressing is great on a salad with grilled chicken, black beans, diced tomatoes, sweet corn and crushed tortilla chips.
- Creamy Greek Yogurt Dressing. I love to make Greek salads with marinated grilled chicken, feta, red onions, Kalamata olives and more.
- Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette. I LOVE traditional Balsamic Vinaigrette, but it’s fun to change it up for a creamier version sometimes!
- Lemon Yogurt Dressing. The winter salad served with this recipe sounds SO GOOD (even for warmer months!).
- Green Goddess Dressing. I leave out the anchovies/anchovy paste in this recipe, because well, I just don’t do anchovies! 🙂 I don’t miss them at all in this dressing. Serve with your favorite greens or on a crudites platter as a dip!
Do you have a favorite yogurt-based dressing?
Leave a Reply