In an effort to be better at meal planning, I am going to do a Meal Planning Monday series to share what my family and I will be eating Monday-Friday. While I love meal planning to stay on track, I give myself the weekends off. I thought it would be fun to share some of our recipes with you guys, in case you need some meal planning inspiration too. Here’s what’s on the menu:
- Monday: Minestrone soup (in the crockpot!) with crusty whole wheat bread and salad. The recipe I’m using is from the new Forks Over Knives Family cookbook I’ll be sharing later this week! Soup is great to send in a thermos for the kids the next day too.
- Tuesday: Homemade macaroni and cheese. I use this recipe from Smiths’ Country Cheese, and it’s DIVINE! The kids and adults love it, and it makes for great school lunch leftovers. Sometimes in an effort to make them meal a little healthier, I’ll put a scoop of the macaroni and cheese in a bowl of healthy tomato soup!
- Wednesday: Vegetarian burrito bowls. One of our favorite meals is to serve black beans, lettuce, salsa, guacamole and corn over brown rice. I serve black corn tortilla chips on the side for the kids to use for dipping. They love it!
- Thursday: BLTs and oven-baked sweet potato fries. The boys LOVE BLTs. If you can, opt for the organic or natural bacon that is free of nitrates. Oven-baked sweet potato fries always go over well here, and it’s a great way to get in some extra veggies for picky eaters!
- Friday: Mediterranean pizza. Grab a flatbread and top with pizza sauce, black olives, artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers and sprinkle some feta cheese on top. It’s delicious, and the boys love it too!
What’s on your menu this week?