After a weekend with a few kids down for the count and some refinishing of hardwood floors, I’m trying to keep it easy this week! Here’s what’s on the menu at Chez Morrison:
- Monday: It’s all about what’s easy to make here on Mondays. Since we are usually recovering from a busy weekend, I try to focus on things that don’t take a lot of time to prep and cook. Today it’s a vegetable frittata. The boys love Quiche, and I think a frittata is a healthier compromise! I often sneak extra veggies in there too– bonus! We will enjoy the frittata with some crusty multigrain bread!
- Tuesday: Pumpkin chili with cornbread. Using pumpkin purée is a great way to sneak in extra vegetables too! You won’t taste it, and it brings extra fiber and a healthy dose of beta carotene and iron!
- Wednesday: When my husband is away on business, the boys love to have breakfast for dinner (the hubs is not a huge fan, so this is the perfect opportunity). Dinner will be scrambled eggs, hash browns, uncured bacon, fruit salad and some multi-grain toast.
- Thursday: Asian Turkey Burgers with red cabbage slaw (this recipe uses chunks of red cabbage, but I prefer to get the shredded kind) and sweet potato fries.
- Friday: Slow-cooker pork tacos with brown rice and guacamole. I LOVE my crock pot, and pulled pork is one of the easiest and most savory things you can make in it. When it’s done it will shred easily with a fork, and it makes for some delicious tacos! Serve with brown rice, sweet corn, black beans, salsa and guacamole, and you have a delicious AND healthy weeknight meal!