Every Halloween I am amazed at how much candy my kids bring home! Don’t get me wrong—I love candy- but sometimes it’s nice to have options right?
Here are a few alternatives to candy to hand out to trick or treaters this year:
- Snyders Halloween Pretzel Bags—I think these are adorable, and I have brought them in to the kids classes for Halloween treats. All of the little snack bags are packaged into a giant sack decorated like a pumpkin.
- G.H. Cretors Popcorn—G.H. Cretors sent me a bunch of their popcorn to test out a few weeks ago, and I fell in love. Their Chicago Mix is an awesome mix of their caramel corn and cheddar popcorn. You can order snack-size bags online, and as a bonus it’s completely free of GMO’s, artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives!
- Glow sticks – I saw this idea on the 100 Days of Real Food Facebook page the other idea, and thought wow—what a great idea. Glow sticks are perfect to light up a Halloween night and are completely sugar-free!
- UNREAL candy– If you are would like to do candy with a healthier twist, try UNREAL candy. UNREAL candy is GMO-free, corn syrup-free, preservative-free, and uses sustainable ingredients.
- Craisins– Being a native Cape Codder, we just can’t get enough of cranberries in the fall. Craisins come in little snack size boxes like raisins, so they are super easy to hand out and would make a great classroom treat.
What are YOUR favorite non-candy Halloween treats?
30 Something Mother Runner received a box of G.H. Cretors popcorn samples to test out— I was not obligated to mention or review the product (but I did, because it was so yummy!).
Leave a Reply