This shop on how to take your planner to the next level has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyGo2Pen #CollectiveBias
My planner is a lifeline when it comes to keeping our family of five on schedule and where we need to be. It’s a calendar, a reference manual, a to do list and so much more! I’m lost without it, and since I spend A LOT of time with it, I like to make it fun and nice to look at! Not only does my planner keep me on track, but it also helps me to set goals and check my progress in achieving them!
How to Take Your Planner from Boring to Beautiful
So how do I do it? It starts with a large collection of pens, stickers and washi tape! The inner organizational nerd totally comes out, and I like to color code family members with my favorite pens including the Pilot G2 Pens (America’s #1 selling gel ink brand!). Here’s how I get started glamming up a brand new planner:
- Do some research and find a planner that works for your life and your family. Do you like a large calendar or do you like one you can stash in your purse? Do you like to see a month at a glance or do you prefer weeks? These are just a few of the questions to ask yourself when planner shopping. You can find a number of options at most office supply stores and craft stores (as well as online!),
- After you have found a planner you love, you need to stock up on supplies to embellish that planner. There are so many different types of stickers (the scrapbook section has some great ones!), washi tape, pens, markers, dividers, bookmarks and anything else you would like to include.
- Decide on how you want to organize your planner and accompanying to-do lists. I like to use a combination of colored gel pens and small, colored sticky notes for important tasks and to-do items.
- Set aside some time to get your planner started and supplies organized. If you have young kids at home like me, why not enjoy a hot cup of tea at night and spend some time getting organized? You’ll sleep easier at night and feel better prepared for this back to school season.
- Have fun with decorations! I LOVE to add seasonal stickers and colors to celebrate the different months in my planner. Decorating it gets me inspired for whats to come and helps me stay motivated when I need it!
Pilot G2 Pens
Having smooth, non-bleeding gel pens makes my planner look nice AND keeps me organized. On a recent shopping trip to Walmart, I picked up a few more packs of Pilot G2 pens in an assortment of colors, and I hesitate to say how excited I was to open up the package and start using them! 🙂
Pilot makes my favorite gel pens, because they are just so smooth and have a super comfy grip. They are available in four point sizes and 15 vibrant colors! Choose from G2 Premium, G2 Fashion Collection or G2 Metallics. You can grab your own Pilot G2 pens at Walmart and save $0.75 on any one 4-pk or larger by snagging this coupon!