The good news first: I did run on Tuesday too, almost 2 miles. The bad news: I am still feeling the injury. I decided to make an appointment with the orthopedist, so that I can rule out any bone issues.
I don’t “think” it’s a stress fracture, but I think I will feel better if I check in with the orthopedist and have an x-ray. I know that x-rays don’t always show stress fractures—usually not until after they have started healing.
My feeling is that with my injury, it should have already started healing, so it may show up if it is indeed a stress fracture. I am guessing that if nothing shows up on the x-ray, he will recommend an MRI.
I am really hoping I don’t have to get an MRI. We have a high deductible health plan (HDHP), which means that we have to pay for all of the visits/tests until we meet our deductible (yikes!). X-rays are not super expensive, but MRIs definitely can be.
The other piece of good news is that they had a cancellation at University Orthopedics, which means I get to go tomorrow at lunch time. I am seeing the same doc I saw for a knee issue a couple of years ago. According to his office coordinator, he specializes in “hips and knees.” Sounds like a good time!
Hopefully tomorrow, or at least in the near future, I will have some answers to this annoying injury! I think I will feel better when I know what I am dealing with, and I formulate a plan of attack. I really, really hope it’s not a stress fracture. I don’t think I can handle having to take six to eight weeks off…
Leave a Reply