As I mentioned the other day, I’ve been playing around with my diet to find the right macronutrient formula that works for me (and it has helped me get back on track with my nutrition!). One thing I wrote about was making sure that my snacks also contained a good protein:carbohydrate:fat ratio. I thought it might be helpful to share some of my go-to healthy snacks, and you can see if they might work for you too!
My Favorite Healthy Snacks (that work with my macros!)
Here is a sample of healthy snacks that contain a good mix of protein and carbs:
- Apple with 1 tbsp of almond butter (or any other nut butter you like!)
- Cut up vegetables (pick your favorites!) with guacamole.
- 6 oz cup of organic Greek yogurt (I like whole milk Greek from Stonyfield!) and 1 cup of fresh berries. If you need a little sweetness, drizzle honey or maple syrup on top!
- Apple, pear or banana with a handful of almonds.
- Edamame (lightly salted)– look for these in the frozen foods section!
- Homemade kale chips.
- Protein smoothie (here is a great collection of smoothie recipes)
I generally have a snack mid-morning– aiming for two hours after breakfast and about two hours before lunch. The second snack of the day is late afternoon, to tide me over until dinner!
What are your go-to healthy snacks?