Nursing hanger is a very real thing (hungry + angry= hanger)–just ask my husband and kids! I love that I have been able to successfully nurse all three boys, but holy hunger batman. I am starving A LOT of the time. With my first son, I actually had a hard time keeping weight on— I weighed less than before I got pregnant! It helped melt off all of my baby weight. Since, I am constantly hungry, I put together a list of my favorite go to snacks. 🙂
- Peanut butter and jelly (to make it more healthy, you can get the no sugar added jelly)– Thank God I’m not allergic to nuts, because I LOVE peanut butter and it’s staying power!
- Nuts– A handful of almonds or any type of nut can really satiate you. Almonds and cashews are my faves.
- Fruit, yogurt and granola parfaits– I love Stonyfield yogurt (especially the new Greek ones) because it’s organic AND tasty! I also found a family owned granola company that I love– Ladera. I will layer yogurt, strawberries, blueberries and granola for a healthy parfait.
- Larabars— These bars have always been one of my favorite snacks–they have no artificial sugars, flavors, dyes, etc. and usually have no more than 7 ingredients, all of which you can read! 😉
- Watermelon– Watermelon is great for hydrating you (which you need for nursing) and for satisfying a sweet craving. I swear I could eat half a watermelon myself!
What is your go to nursing/postpartum snack?
Stonyfield provided 30 Something Mother Runners with free vouchers to try their new Greek yogurt. Stonyfield is the only yogurt we eat in the Morrison house! Ladera also provided me with a sample of their granola. To read about their really cool story, click HERE.
Leave a Reply