The boys head back to school on September 5, and I’m already
dreading thinking about back to school lunches and school snacks. Over the last few years, we have tried hard to make healthier choices for the boys’ lunches and school snacks, and we are always excited to share products we find that help to make this easier. Here are a few of our favorite back to school snacking options for lunch boxes or after-school noshing.
I received product from Pure Growth Organic and Sneaky Chef to test out with my family.
- Blue Corn Tortilla Chips and hummus– We like to change up the usual pretzels and roasted red pepper hummus with organic blue corn tortilla chips.
- Ants on a Log— Purchase celery sticks (you can get the hearts that are already washed and trimmed) and fill them with peanut or almond butter. Place raisins in a row along the celery stick.
- Pure Growth Organic– One of the biggest arguments I hear about eating organic food is that it’s expensive. While you often do pay more for organic products, I make an effort to do so because I’m passionate about feeding myself and my family products that are non-GMO and free of artificial ingredients we don’t need or want. I’m super psyched that Pure Growth Organic has produced a line of organic snacks that are price conscious AND feature your favorite Disney and Nick Jr. characters (like Mickey and Paw Patrol!). My kids are often attracted to the character snacks, but they aren’t always the best choices, so I was really excited to see options I would choose with characters they love!
- Sneaky Chef– These products are great, especially if your child (or family member) has a nut allergy or if your school is nut-free. Not only are these products nut-free, but they also sneak some in some veggies in the form of yellow peas! We tried out the yummy NO-NUT Butter and Chocolate NO-NUT butter. I’m happy to have a nut-free alternative on hand for friends too!
- Air popped popcorn with sea salt. I totally cheat on this one and buy the organic brand at the store– that way I don’t deal with all of the unpopped corn kernels and it’s ready immediately! 🙂 Angie’s BOOMCHICKAPOP makes some great popcorn! It’s a great snack to send into school, since you won’t have to clean up the mess. 🙂
- Maple Berry Walnut Yogurt Bowl. Seriously, this bowl of goodness is the BOMB! It’s packed full of protein and dash of maple syrup gives it just the right amount of sweetness. The walnuts provide some staying power and healthy fats, making it a very well-rounded snack!