It’s Friday!!!!!!! Can you tell I’m just a little bit excited?! It’s been a busy week, but next week we’ll have some downtime with school vacation, and then I get to go to California to see my niece! We have been super busy with lacrosse starting, but I’ve been doing a lot of cooking in our newly renovated kitchen. I thought I would share some of the recipes we tried recently that have been popular on my Instagram feed. 🙂 Just click on the title to get to the recipe if you feel inspired!
- Avocado Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppyseed Dressing— I used white wine vinegar instead of cider vinegar in the dressing recipe, and I think it actually tastes better than it would with the cider vinegar! This salad was absolutely delicious, and even the boys liked it- WIN!
- Light Pasta Bake with Chicken Sausage, Mozzarella, Spinach and Tomatoes— I have made this recipe twice, once without the red pepper flakes and once with them. I actually love the extra kick of the red pepper flakes (just 1/2 tsp), and surprisingly so did my almost 5-year-old! It’s a super easy meal to make and healthy to boot!
- Spinach Artichoke Pesto Pizza— We usually do pizza night once a week, and this was an AWESOME addition to the line up. My older son and I love artichoke hearts, and they are such a good compliment to the spinach pesto. We usually buy the pre-made pizza dough in the bakery section at Stop and Shop.
- Oatmeal Cookies— This is a Martha Stewart recipe I found when searching for an oatmeal cookie recipe that only used 1 1/2 cups of oats, since that’s all I had left! I skipped the cinnamon and the raisins and added a cup of chocolate chips instead. They were to die for– must have been the stick of butter and chocolate chips! 😉
- Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes— Need I say more? 🙂 These are nice and fluffy, and you don’t even need to get buttermilk– just add a tablespoon of vinegar to a cup of milk and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. The recipe says you can use frozen or fresh blueberries, but if you use frozen ones, make sure you thaw them first!
What recipes are you loving lately? Comment with a link to your favorites!