If you’ve been following my Faster Way to Fat Loss journey, you know that carb cycling is part of what makes this program really work for women. Each week we have two low carb days (NOT no carb, just keeping your net carbs lower). Varying your carb intake keeps your body guessing and helps prevent weight loss plateaus that many people experience. Our bodies are very smart and learn to adapt when we eat the same way day in and day out. By varying carb intake and macros over the week, you can keep your body in fat-burning mode!
Since this was a new way of eating for me, I had to do some research to come up with family-friendly lower carb meals. As a recovered carb addict, I am happy to report that I really enjoy eating many of these meals and I don’t miss the carbs nearly as much as I thought I would! 🙂 Here are some of our favorites:
- Stir fry with your protein of choice (I usually do chicken or beef but tofu works well too).
- Bunless burgers. It was surprisingly easy to give up the buns. I like to season the burgers and serve with sliced avocado or guacamole.
- Omelets or egg scrambles. My boys LOVE breakfast for dinner, so omelets are always a great choice for our family. They are quick and easy to get on the table and you can make them with your choice of veggies and/or meats.
- Lettuce wraps with ground pork or chicken. The boys love lettuce wraps too since they can eat with their hands! 🙂
- Zoodles or other vegetable noodles with meat (or meatless) sauce.
- Cobb salad (one of my favorite meals for low carb days). Cobb salad is my go-to dinner or lunch on low carb days. I love all of the flavors and it’s quite filling! If you are eating out, Panera has a Green Goddess Cobb Salad that’s a great low carb option.
- Sheet pan fajitas (minus the tortillas!). Sheet pan meals are such a great option because you can prep the ingredients ahead of time and all you have to do is pop it in the oven! My Healthy Meal Prep Pinterest board and Faster Way to Fat Loss board have a lot of other sheet pan meals you can try.
- Pizza with cauliflower crust. Did you know you can make pizza crust from cauliflower?! Top with your favorite protein and veggies and enjoy!