Host a sundae bar playdate for the kids this summer with the help of this shop that has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TopYourSummer #SoHoppinGood #CollectiveBias
I am SO EXCITED that summer and warmer weather is right around the corner here on Cape Cod! Warmer temps mean the boys will be outside as much as possible, and we will eat outside every chance we can get! Since we have a play set and a large backyard, our home is a hub for outdoor play dates and ice cream sundaes make them that much sweeter!
When it comes to dessert, the boys can’t get enough ice cream, and the opportunity to make their own sundaes is always a huge hit. The more the merrier, so why not have the neighborhood kids over for an ice cream sundae bar playdate with the help of Blue Bunny® ice cream and Smucker’s toppings because they’re better together!
How to Host a Sundae Bar Playdate
- Decide on your ice cream flavors and toppings. I like to choose a few of each, so the choices aren’t too overwhelming for the kids! We love the traditional vanilla ice cream with hot fudge, strawberry topping, caramel and sprinkles. A good rule of thumb is two flavors of ice cream and 4-6 toppings.
- Keep it outside. Ice cream, toppings and kids can get messy! By keeping the fun outside, you will save yourself the clean up when your playdate is over!
- Cover your table with a disposable table cloth or one that is easily wipeable. Stock the table with spoons, lots of napkins and a trash bag to make it easy for the little ones to clean up after themselves!
- Set the table up with your ice cream cartons, scoop, bowls and toppings. Wait until the last minute to put out your ice cream to minimize any melting. I love the squeezable toppings from Smucker’s because they are perfect for kids. They can top their sundaes with minimal mess!
- Start the kids at one end of the table and move them along the line. Depending on their age, they may need some assistance making their sundaes!
- Enjoy a sweet treat on a hot summer day and let the kids run off all that sugar energy!
An ice cream sundae bar is the perfect way to end a play date on a hot summer day, and it’s a great way to enjoy a sweet treat without breaking the bank!
So what are you waiting for? Ice cream and toppings are better together, just like an afternoon of outside play with friends! You can pick up your Blue Bunny® ice cream (Bunny Tracks was the boys’ favorite!) and a large variety of Smucker’s toppings at your local Walmart and earn cash back on Smucker’s Ice Cream Toppings with the free Ibotta app!
What’s YOUR favorite sundae combination? Are you a simple hot fudge sundae fan or do you like to mix it up?