Lacrosse season has started for my oldest and that means evening practice two nights a week and games on the weekend! Because he’s still in elementary school, the practices are from 5-6, right smack in the middle of our usual dinner time! Sure, we could eat out two nights a week, but for financial and health reasons, I’d rather figure out another solution.
I’ve decided to become best friends with my crockpot for the next few months! I seriously LOVE using my crockpot. Nothing beats dumping ingredients into the slow cooker and having dinner ready without any prep at the end of a busy day!
When I first started using my crockpot, I had no idea how many AWESOME recipes are out there for the crockpot, whether it’s dinner or dessert! You can find a lot of them on my Crockpot Meals board on Pinterest.
Spring Crockpot Recipe Roundup
I put together a crockpot recipe roundup for this spring with many of my favorite slow cooker recipes!
Tougher cuts of beef are great to use in the crockpot, since they will get nice and tender. You can also do dishes with ground beef, but I usually brown it first in the skillet.
- Beef & Broccoli – Skip the Chinese Takeout!
- Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Slow Cooker Chili-Lime Mexican Shredded Beef (perfect for tacos!)
- Crockpot Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker Korean Beef (serve over white rice)
- Pulled Chicken Sliders (Asian coleslaw recipe included!)
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- Creamy Portabella Chicken
- Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken (great over rice or quinoa)
Most of us don’t really think about doing pasta dishes in the crockpot, but guess what? There are some fun pasta dishes you can make in your slow cooker– even lasagna!
- Crockpot Chicken Alfredo Pasta with Broccoli
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Tortellini
- Creamy Italian Crockpot Chicken
- Crockpot Pasta e Fagioli (Olive Garden copycat recipe)
- Slow Cooker Taco Pasta
Soups are a great way to sneak extra veggies into your kids’ diet. Serve them with crusty bread or garlic bread for an easy weeknight dinner!
- Creamy Crockpot White Chicken Chili
- Crockpot Chicken Pho (Vietnamese soup)
- Crockpot Sausage, Spinach and White Bean Soup
- Homemade Minestrone Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup
I rarely make desserts in the crockpot, but I am determined to try some this spring. Here are some slow cooker dessert recipes I will be trying:
- Blackberry Cobbler
- Slow Cooker Brownie Pudding
- Crockpot Peanut Butter Cup Cake (yum!)
- Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Crumble
- Slow Cooker S’mores Cake
What are your favorite crockpot recipes for busy weeknight meals?