Even though we aren’t quite to Thanksgiving, it is late this year, so I am going to go ahead and post my children’s holiday gift guide. These are some of the gifts my children will be getting, with an emphasis on creative play, It’s not that I am anti-technology products, I have just focused on toys that will encourage my children to create and imagine:
- B. Toys TeePee – I cannot wait until the boys open this on Christmas morning. It’s a teepee complete with a light show that projects over the tent with the pull of a cord. I think they will love their little hideout, and they will probably want to spend the night in it! You can find the B. Teepee at Target for $39.99. B. Toys also sent me a Walkness Monster for the new spring arrival. It’s a super cute walker that allows your child to feed balls into the neck of the walker and watch them swirl and pop out onto the catch tray. For retailers that carry the Walkness Monster, click HERE.
- Hess Truck – Every year my boys get a Hess Truck. If you are unfamiliar with the Hess Truck, the Hess Corporation releases a new truck each holiday season. This tradition started back in 1964, with the release of the first Hess Truck. This year Hess has released a toy truck with accompanying tractor (see pic) complete with lights and sound. You can pick it up at any Hess station for buy it online for $27.99 (which includes the Energizer batteries).
- Art Kits—Both of my boys love to draw, paint, and do just about any type of art. I found these cute little carry cases for art supplies at Michael’s, and I am using stickers to personalize them for each child. It’s similar to this one I found on Amazon. I used my 40% off coupons on them, so they wound up being about $7.50 after the discount.
- Stocking Stuffers—I plan to get art supplies and a DVD or two for stocking stuffers. The boys have been asking for the Planes DVD, so I am sure that will be on the list!
- Watch—J has been dying for a watch to help him learn how to tell time, and he actually wants a non-digital watch! I found a cute customizable one at the DisneyStore.com, and I will probably get it. I am a little nervous about how it will hold up with my rough and tumble five-year old, but we’ll see! If I get it, I will definitely get the Lightning McQueen one, since he still loves Cars!
- Money for a swing set—We are asking both sets of grandparents for money towards a swing set for the boys. Now that we have a yard, I would love for them to have their own swing set. They love to be outside, so rather than get more inside toys, we can get a nice, big outside one!
30 Something Mother Runner received a Hess truck and a B. Toys Teepee for review purposes. All opinions and writing are 100% my own.
Leave a Reply