Since last week’s post on organizing apps was so widely popular, I decided to compile a list of the best iPhone running apps like I did in 2012. There are not a whole lot of changes from last year’s list. Here they are:
1) Map My Run: This running app is probably one of the first running apps, but I still love it for its features and ease of use. I like that you can see yourself on the map as you run. The app keeps track of distance, pace, splits, etc. It will also give you audible alerts for splits. May My Run also allows the user to share workouts on social platforms, in addition to allowing you to see other friends’ workouts. There is a paid MVP version with additional features.
2) Charity Miles: This app is a newcomer, and I love that it allows you to complete your daily run while at the same time helping raise funds for charity. There are a number of charities you can choose from, and the app also allows you to share your workouts socially.
3) Run Keeper: Run Keeper is similar to Map My Run, in that it provides you with all of the requisite features for tracking runs, while at the same time allowing you to share workouts socially. Also similar to Map My Run, you can see yourself visually on the map. I like that this app allows you to set goals and visually see your progress—this is a great motivator!
4) Electric Miles: Electric Miles is the tracking app for Daily Mile users. If you are addicted to logging miles on Daily Mile, this is the app you need to do it on your iPhone or smart phone.
5) Nike+ Running App: This app also tracks route, distance, pace, etc. Additionally, you can set a Powersong to help you push through tough workouts. You can also challenge other friends or app users.
Leave a Reply