30 Something Mother Runner received a gift pack of Orgain products (pictured in this post) and one to give away to a lucky reader!
I think I’m still in denial that school starts here in a few weeks. At our school, the boys go back after Labor Day, so we are soaking up every last minute of summer fun! That being said, I am starting to think about stocking up on some back to school items like school supplies and lunch-making supplies!
Since the boys don’t have a lot of time to eat lunch at school (only about 20 minutes!), sometimes it’s hard to pack a nutritional lunch that they have time to eat! It’s nice to have items like Orgain’s Healthy Kids organic nutritional shake to send in the lunch box or grab on the way out the door with breakfast! I often feel like the boys NEVER stop eating, so I’ll take all the help I can get to make them feel satisfied and better able to stay on track in school.
In the gift pack that one winner will receive, you will also find some back to school survival items for mom or dad including plant-based protein bars, organic cold brew coffee/protein beverage and a complete organic nutrition protein shake. Don’t forget to enter to win using the Rafflecopter widget below!
Back to School Nutrition Tips from Orgain
Founder Dr. Andrew Abraham put together a list of back to school nutrition survival tips for us:
- Include protein in your breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up. I can say that adding protein to my breakfasts has made a HUGE difference for keeping hunger at bay until lunch and helping me focus better.
- Consolidate your morning routine. Items that allow you to multi-task help you stay on track nutritionally during busy school mornings. For example, you can have your coffee AND protein at breakfast with the Orgain Cold Brew Coffee+Protein!
- Let Kids Drink Their Breakfast. Sometimes school mornings can get REALLY hectic, but that doesn’t mean you need to skip a nutritional breakfast for the kids. Grab an Orgain nutrition shake on your way out the door!
- Don’t get hangry. I feel like this is the #1 most important rule for me personally! If I don’t eat in the morning, it’s better to leave me a wide berth! Not fueling your body can leave you feeling sluggish and cranky.
- Eat One Meal Together. My husband’s hours don’t always allow him to be home for dinner, but when he is we all sit down and eat together. When he’s not home, I sit down and enjoy dinner with the kids. I find it easier not to do 2 dinners (one for the kids and one for the adults), so we have a nice time enjoying a meal and talking about our day. Our tradition is to share our favorite part of the day.
What is your best back to school nutrition tip?
a Rafflecopter giveaway