Halloween is probably my favorite holiday of the year–seriously. Fall is my favorite season, and I can never get enough pumpkin anything! I love all of the fun trick or treating and creating costumes. So, it’s no surprise that I am super excited for William’s first Halloween. His adorable monkey costume this year is from Just Pretend Kids–an awesome dress up/costume company I met in July at Sweet Suite.
My number one priority when it comes to kids’ Halloween costume is comfort, especially for baby! I think it’s great that the Just Pretend Kids infant Halloween costumes are super soft and have crotch snaps like a onesie–making it super easy to change a diaper (since Murphy’s Law will have you changing baby right after you get it on!).
There are a number of adorable costume options including an owl, parrot, and giraffe (they also have great costumes for bigger kids!). Halloween with baby is obviously quite a bit different than it is with older ones, so here are some tips for a Happy Halloween baby style!
- Look for family friendly trick or treating in shopping areas and other public locations. It’s great to get baby out on the earlier side, and adequate lighting makes the experience less frightening!
- Go with the flow. As excited as your are for baby’s first Halloween, he/she may have other plans. Dont’ worry if the whole costume and parading around scene is not working out–just keep the mood light and baby happy! If your expectations are not too high, you won’t be disappointed! 😉
- Have your own baby/toddler friendly Halloween party. We did this one year, and it was SO MUCH fun! All of the kids loved another chance to dress up, and we had fun with themed games, snacks, and decorations!
- Make sure the costume is comfy! Look for soft fabrics and costumes that don’t have too many appendages and rough materials. Also make sure that there are no items that baby could potential pull off and choke on.
- Have fun! It’s a first for baby, so relax and have a good time. Don’t forget to take pictures for the baby book!
30 Something Mother Runner received an infant romper Halloween costume from Just Pretend Kids for the purpose of this review. All opinions and writing are 100% my own.