In honor of Valentine’s Day (and because I still cannot run very much), I decided to do a list of the top reasons that running makes a great valentine:
- For each mile you run, you can eat approximately 100 more calories of chocolate (or other type of candy, wine, etc.)!
- Running keeps you in great shape, which helps you look hot in the outfit you wear out to dinner with your valentine.
- A runner’s high is one of the greatest feelings EVER. Sounds like the perfect aphrodisiac to me!
- If you are going to fall madly in love with anything, running is a great option–it keeps you in shape physically AND mentally.
- There are some fantastic races in exotic locales that are also perfect for a romantic getaway- Sevilla Marathon anyone?
- Depending on your location, you can run by beautiful flowers, rather than having to wait for someone to give them to you (or buy them yourself!).
I have decided that instead of sending me a valentine, you can all just run a mile for me – running vicariously through my readers is the next best thing! Hope everyone enjoys the day and gets a nice, romantic dinner, wine, chocolate, or whatever makes you happy!c