I am SO excited to be heading out to Hawaii next month for some sun, warm weather and lots of outdoor activities! Over the past few months, I’ve committed to my strength training workouts and I don’t want to lose progress while I’m gone for a few weeks, so I am putting together a plan to workout on the road.
I am sure that many of my New England friends will also be heading to warmer climes, so hopefully, these tips can help you too! If you want to save this post for later, scroll down to the bottom for a pinnable image.
- Resistance Bands are Your Friend— Seriously, they are SUPER easy to stash in your suitcase and you can get a great workout with bands. They make some sets that allow you to create up to 150 lbs of resistance. I got this set on Amazon for our trip to Hawaii!
- Research local gyms— We don’t always stay in hotels when we travel, so it’s helpful to hit the web and research local gyms that offer daily or weekly passes. It will save you some space in your suitcase and you might even make some local friends!
- Try an online workout app— There are a TON of online workout apps and you can even try something like Classpass where you use your monthly credits at a local class! Other popular apps are Asana Rebel and Studio Tone It Up.
- Set a step goal and start exploring— If you need to get some low-intensity cardio (or add some sprint intervals for high intensity), set out on foot to explore your destination. Many hotels offer running and walking routes for guests. Challenge yourself to meet a step goal and hit the road!
- Try a new sport— Vacation is a great time to try new activities. If you are visiting a warm-weather destination, try kayaking, snorkeling, surfing or boogie boarding. Headed to colder temps? Try snowshoeing (my favorite winter cardio activity!), cross-country skiing or hiking!
What are your best tips for working out while on vacation? Comment below and let me know!