No one ever said parenting was a walk in the park. We have all had moments in our day when we feel our blood pressure start to spike— whether it’s a toddler tantrum or running late on school mornings. As much as we try to relax and stay calm, it doesn’t always happen. In fact, you often have to make a conscious decision to relax, and that’s where the Spire Mindfulness + Activity Tracker comes in (read all about it after the tips!)!
How to Stay Mindful and De-Stress Throughout Your Day
- When you first wake up in the morning, before getting out of bed, take 5 minutes to focus on breathing deeply and generating a positive outlook for your day. Getting your day started with the power of positive thinking and some mindfulness will help you maintain a great outlook for the rest of the day, even when it feels challenging!
- Check in with your senses throughout the day. If you’re feeling stressed, taking a few minutes to listen, see, taste and touch can help you relax and re-focus.
- Take a short walk (or a long one if you have time!). I have always found that taking a walk outside clears my head and allows me to stay in the moment.
- Use visualization or guided imagery. Visualization and guided imagery are very powerful tools that can be used for anything from running your best race to achieving career goals. Wherever you are, take a few minutes to close your eyes, breathe deeply and think of people, places or things that bring you peace and inspire calmness.
- Talk to a friend. Often times when you find yourself really stressed out and you need to relax, talking to a friend can help so much! Pick up the phone and talk about how you’re feeling with a friend or confidant. You’ll be surprised by how much better you feel by just getting things off your chest!
How Does the Spire Fitness Tracker Work?
By regularly wearing the Spire Mindfulness + Activity Tracker, it actually learns to anticipate your stressful times and alert you in-the-moment, prompting you to practice breathing and meditation (it provides you with great tools to guide you in doing both!).
The companion app for the Spire Fitness Tracker (Spire Mindfulness + Activity Tracker companion app) is available for iOS and Android devices. With deep API integrations, the app can sync with your calendar, location and photos, thereby giving you better insight into the times that you tend to experience stress. It’s like a personal trainer for mindfulness– VERY COOL!
What I like most is that in addition to measuring and encouraging mindfulness and relaxation throughout the day, it also measures calories, activity and steps like other fitness trackers (it’s a one-stop shop!). Click HERE to find out more about the Spire Activity + Fitness Tracker!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.