If you run (or workout) a lot, you have probably dealt with the stink of workout clothes at one point or another! I am a super sweater, so I have definitely had to figure out the solution for keeping my workout clothing smelling nice and clean.
If you are I need of a few tips to help get rid of the stink in your workout clothes, read on:
- If it’s at all possible, wash your workout clothes right after you take them off. It’s a no brainer that the longer the sweaty, icky clothes sit in the hamper, the worse they will smell! If you can’t wash immediately (not many of us can!), hang them up to dry and air out.
- Sunlight is a natural antibacterial and disinfectant. If you can line dry your workout gear, do it!
- Try using a detergent formulated specifically for stinky workout gear, like Tide plus Febreze Freshness Sport. I have had luck using this detergent.
- If you prefer a more natural laundry detergent, you can add a heaping spoonful of baking soda and a 1/4 cup of vinegar to your wash load. Don’t worry—your clothes won’t smell like vinegar when they are done washing!
- Wash on the hottest setting the clothing can take—this helps get rid of the stinky odor-causing bacteria.
Leave a Reply