Thank you JCPenney Optical for sponsoring this post. Visit your local JCPenney Optical to find your perfect frames!
I wish I could say it was a happy moment when my oldest found out he needed to wear glasses, but unfortunately, it wasn’t! Some tears were shed, but eventually, he got over it; and now he actually loves wearing his glasses and wears them even when he’s not supposed to (he has them for distance).
If your child receives a prescription for glasses, it’s super important to help them find a pair of frames that they really love and feel good in. I’ve put together a few tips to help you and your child have a successful trip to find new back to school frames that will help them feel confident in their new look!
- Make it a date! Celebrate the purchase of new glasses with a dinner out or an ice cream treat.
- Pick a time of day when you know your child will be likely to be in a better mood. For example, if he/she is not a morning person, try a late afternoon or evening shopping time.
- Try on glasses yourself (even if you don’t wear them!). Ask your child how you look and what they think about the different types of frames on your face. It can help make it easier for you to give them feedback on their frame choices.
- Use a “Virtual Try On” (available with certain frames at JCPenney Optical) at home before you go shopping to select some favorites.
- Encourage your child’s individuality. Even if the frames they fall in love with are not your favorite, the most important thing is that they feel comfortable and confident!
We are loving our new frames from JCPenney Optical— check them out in the photos below! You can shop JC Penney Optical for $39.99 back to school glasses (and a pair for yourself!). The sale includes a large selection of frames, impact-resistant lenses, and an eyewear protection plan. My oldest is sporting a pair of adorable frames from Zack & Zoe and mine are from the Beverly Hills Polo Club Collection. You will find all sorts of designer frames and your local JCPenney Optical including:
- Ray Ban
- Nicole by Nicole Miller
- Armani Exchange
- Liz Claiborne
- OP (Kids-specific)
- Converse (Kids-specific)
Back to School Photo Contest
Don’t forget to enter the JCPenney Optical Back to School Photo Contest for the chance to win some AMAZING prizes. Bonus points if you take your pic with glasses on! Just make sure that entrants are 18 or have a parent/legal guardian enter on their behalf if younger. Photos must only show one person and entries are limited to one submission per email address.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.