Since the start of school is right around the corner, I am starting to think about ways to streamline our day and stay organized. One way to do this is to start prepping meals ahead of time. I usually do this for dinner, but this school year, I am going to start doing it for breakfast too. Both of my older boys like to have eggs, French toast, and other items that I can’t exactly whip up in 30 seconds! Here is a list of 5 easy make ahead breakfasts, including some of our favorites:
- Overnight Oatmeal— Oats are a great breakfast to keep kids filled up until lunch time, and fortunately both boys love them! We usually make ours with a little maple syrup and craisins or raisins. I found some great overnight oats recipes to try for this fall including Raspberry Overnight Oatmeal and Blueberry Maple. I have seen overnight oats prepared in little mason jars–such a great way to prep ahead and reheat all in the same container!
- Breakfast Casserole— I wrote about our favorite breakfast casserole recipe from the Baking Beauties in a post on make ahead meals for new moms, and I am including it again, since it’s so easy and super yummy! It’s also a great meal that has some serious staying power for little tummies. I love that you can make this ahead and cut into individually wrapped squares. Just pull one out and pop it in the microwave, and you’re good to go!
- Baked French Toast— My 6 year-old LOVES French toast, but I HATE making it when I’m in a hurry, so it’s a win-win to make it the night before. This recipe for baked French toast is easy to do the night before and reheat in the morning.
- Breakfast Sandwiches— I have used this recipe for breakfast sandwiches many times before. We like to do ours with Canadian bacon. Make sure you flash freeze them first and then wrap them to avoid freezer burn! The boys love to get breakfast sandwiches when we go out, but these are easy to make, a lot cheaper, and taste just as good!
- Breakfast Burritos— This is a different take on the breakfast sandwich, and one of my absolute favorites! I love to do eggs, black beans, cheddar, and salsa in my breakfast burritos. You can add in ham, bacon, or sausage if you want. Roll them up, put them on a cookie sheet and flash freeze before wrapping. You can add garnishes like guacamole and cilantro in the morning.
What is your go to make ahead breakfast?